The management of CSIR-STEPRI organized a five (5) day training for some selected Research Staff on how to program and design questionnaires for data collection using mobile devices (Tablets). Three Staff members, Dr. Rose Omari, Dr. Adelaide Agyeman and Asafu-Adjaye Nana Yamoah were involved in the training.
The modules that were taught and learnt includes the following
- Module 1 – Introduction to mobile data collection, platforms and devices
- Module 2 – Writing mobile surveys: introduction to data types
- Module 3 – Writing mobile surveys: using XLS forms
- Module 4 – Writing mobile surveys: advanced module using XLS forms
- Module 5 – Hosting and downloading survey data including data quality assurance
- Module 6 – Steps for mobile data collection
The facilitators for the training course were represented from Dayta Solutions – where data truly matters. Participants were presented with Certificate of Achievement at the end of the training course.